- Search By Brand
Renovating your bathroom can be exciting and fun – there’s nothing like creating a whole new space in your house.
If you’re a first-time renovator, here are some things you should consider before you start.
This is the exciting part – determining the look of your new bathroom.
What are the must-haves, the essentials, the things that will make the space shine?
What is it about your current bathroom that you don’t like, and want to change?
Include things like:
• Fixtures, such as taps, faucets, shower heads, etc.
• Features like sinks, vanity cabinets, a bath, shower screens, towel racks, etc.
• Colour – what colour would you like your tiling, cupboards, floors and walls to be?
• Things to splurge on, such as under-floor heating or an illuminated mirror.
What does your budget look like? Are you doing the entire renovation on the cheap, or is there enough wiggle-room for some qualified tradesmen for certain jobs?
Whatever you have to spend on your new bathroom, here are the things you should include in the budget:
Measure your bathroom’s existing doors, walls, windows, and skylights to determine exactly how much space you’ll be working with.
Also ask yourself these questions:
It’s important to be as safe as possible when undertaking any kind of renovation.
To make sure you’re on track to complete your renovation without any harm to yourself or your family, not to mention potentially saving you time and money, consider the following:
• Make sure your bathroom is waterproofed correctly
• Make sure the products you’ve chosen are compliant with Australian standards
• Enlist the services of registered, qualified tradespeople to do any work you are not qualified to do yourself
• Have someone check your bathroom’s walls, ceilings and floors for asbestos before you begin, particularly if your home was built before 1984.
There you have it – you’re ready to begin your renovating adventure!
If you’d like advice on products for your new bathroom, or if you’d like help with the design process, pop in and speak to one of our friendly staff members at Bathroom Supplies today!